Friday, March 15, 2013

Crafty Every Day: January 1

So this is a little late, and I'll probably have to skip all the Christmas cards I made until next Christmas (at least in early January, I could have claimed it was still Christmas if I got them in before Twelfth Night), but I hope you'll be interested in my handworks anyway. Here we go!

I have an embarrassing amount of scrapbooking, papercraft and other art supplies.  It usually stays all neat and packed up, out of sight...and therefore out of mind.

This is a problem.

Yes, mostly because it doesn't get used.  But also because I forget what I have, and any time I step into a Michael's or a Paper Source or any of the excellent specialty stores (like the Peddler's Pack here in Oregon, and the sadly defunct Colorful Creations in Falmouth), I pick up something else.  Cute stickers, irresistible Japanese paper, a paper punch on sale, whatever.  Then I toss it into the box with the rest of the stuff, and out of mind it goes again.  Until I finally got around to unpacking it all on my aunt's huge craft table, and the sheer volume of it blows my mind.


I should point out that the brown roller bag isn't unpacked at all.

So much I couldn't get it all in one shot.  So here's the rest.
Yikes, right?  So I unpacked it all, got set up...and sat staring at it for a while trying to think of something to do with it all.  Finally I decided that I'd warm up by making some greeting cards with the premade cards and envelopes I'd bought years ago, and the stickers I bought in December with the express intention of making Christmas cards for this past Christmas (luckily we already had photo cards from our wedding ordered and ready to go, or else NO ONE would have gotten anything this year!)

So without further ado, here is the first product of the first day of new year:

$3.50, free shipping, let me know in the comments if you'd like to buy it!

Simple, clean, and seasonal.  I quite like it.  I hope you do too!

No comments: