Monday, May 09, 2005

Observations

I'm reading Prep right now, and it's so depressing I want to go back to bed. If you're thinking about reading it to see what private/boarding schools are like, don't. No prep school, especially not a boarding school, tosses its freshmen and new kids into their first year without some kind of orientation to get them up to speed on the school's rituals and quirks. Also, the protagonist clearly has Avoidant Personality Disorder, because I don't think this kind of alienation isn't really possible after 4 years. She would have been spotted and either counseled to within an inch of her life, or she would have dropped out on her own recognizance. Feh.

I just found a bump on my arm from what I think is an old TB test. When I went to Japan, I had to get a chest X-ray and present it to Customs to prove I wasn't carrying any infectious respiratory disease. This was before the SARS panic.

I have seventeen days left of work here. That sounds like much less than 3 weeks. I have all but lost the will to work.

5 comments:

Ev said...

Dude, I went to a private school too! I KNOW what it's like. It's not like that.
Hmph.
Nice to see you commenting, though, sweetheart. Nice to see anyone commenting besides good ol' smelly Cad, who, though loyal, is nonetheless a bum.
*poke* love you, my raggedy bridge dweller! *kisses*

Latigo Flint said...

Besmirch not the hobo and the bum. The words of the prophets on the subway walls and whatnot.

Cad Grublygold said...

I some how get the feeling that I was in some way insulted, but no matter, I'll simply drink a bottle of rotgut and forget the whole thing.

Ev said...

I assure you, my good man, that you were not. At least not by me. What other knaves may post is beyond my control. Know that your name will never be besmirched in my house.
That said, howsabout you and a couple of your cronies helping me move when I get there? I'll feed you, and you can use my shower if you promise to wipe all the grit out of the tub afterward.

Cad Grublygold said...

With plesure ma lady, Fact is I'm thinking of starting a moving company made up of homeless people. I'll call it Helping Hobo Hands. We'll work for garbage or booze, very cost effective. Once we get done though, you might want to do some de louseing.